Position: Scientific researcher III, in bacteriology, microbiochemistry and pharmacology
- Postdoctorate in Dental Medicine at the Ovidius University of Constanta
- Doctorate in Dental Medicine at the Ovidius University of Constanta
- Graduated in Pharmacy from UMF Carol Davila Bucharest
National Institute of Economic Research – Center for Mountain Economics (INCE-CEMONT)
Violeta Popovici is a Senior Clinical Pharmacist, Ph.D. in Dental Medicine and Senior Researcher III at the Mountain Economy Center (CE-MONT) Vatra-Dornei.
Research interests: plant/lichen secondary metabolites – identification and pharmacological potential; antibiotics; antimicrobial activity; in vitro anticancer activity; oral cancer; ROS; oxidative stress; antioxidants/pro-oxidants
The previous research activity includes:
– a complex study of an autochthonous species of lichen (Usnea barbata) through a comparative evaluation of the pharmacological potential of different lichen extracts in different solvents, in vitro investigation of the anticancer activity mechanisms on OSCC cell lines and incorporation of the most active extracts in mucoadhesive oral films with potential applications in oral medicine;
– in vitro and in vivo cytotoxicity analysis of plant extracts;
– in vitro evaluation of the antibacterial/antibiofilm activity of essential oils;
– in vitro investigation of plant extracts’ antioxidant/pro-oxidant potential by measuring intracellular ROS level and the antioxidant enzymes’ activity.
The list of publications can be downloaded from here.
The complete CV can be downloaded from here.